- Home & Grill’s “Hickory Smoked Salt & Pepper
- Begin with good quality beef. Any one of the following:
- Rib Eye: Well Marbled, Juicy with Great Beef Flavor. A favorite of most Texans who love beef.
- Filet Mignon: Lean & Mild Flavor. The most tender steak.
- New York Strip: Less Marbling and less expensive than Rib Eye. Excellent and good tasting.
- Porterhouse: Simply a New York Strip and a delicate filet Mignon separated by a T shaped bone.
To choose the right meat look at the USDA’s grading system to determine quality.
“Prime” is superior, “Choice is next in quality and lastly is,” Select”. Your butcher can assist you.
• Remove steak from refrigerator and let it reach room temperature. Around 30 minutes.
• Trim any excess fat.
• Season your meat with Home & Grills Hickory Smoked Salt and Pepper.
• Recommend using 1.00 Tbsp. per lb. of meat. Can always add as you like.
• Completely cover steak with seasoning.
• For best flavor wait at least one hour before grilling.
Preheat the Grill:
To get the hot searing heat that creates the perfect steak, you need to fire up the grill and wait for it to be the hottest it can be.
A good quality digital thermometer is good to have to prepare steaks to take the guesswork out of preparing,” Rare”, Medium” or,” Well Done “steaks. Especially if you’re cooking for a group of people.
Grilling the Steak:
Place the steaks on the hot grill. Grill undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the steaks over and complete cooking to the desired doneness. For time and temperatures, please refer to our “Grill Guide”
Remove Steak and Let it Rest:
Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. This gives the juices time to return to the meat, giving you a tender and juicy steak.
At first it may seem like a lot to remember and pay attention too. However after a few times you’ll find it’s one of the easiest foods to prepare.